7.19.2015

15 of My Favorite Feelings



We don't often get to talk and appeciate about the small but significant things that brings us little joys in our day. So it's nice to make a rundown of 15 of my favorite feelings that I'm grateful for.

1. When you think of a witty comeback and words come out of your mouth coherently just the way you have formed the sentence in your head 
I've always struggled with my thought process being non-linear, and as a result most things that I say are an incomprehensible mishmash of garbled words that fall short on my mouth. It's a triumphant moment when I'm able to express my point exactly as it is, in a timely and sharp manner.

2. When someone rubs/strokes my back or plays with my hair
Fool proof and calming way to make sleep

3. Burying my face on my boyfriend's chest and being wafted by his scent
Nothing smells as good as the one you love.
I feel like I can write an entire post dedicated to all the wonderful fuzzy feelings my significant other gives me but I'm not the one to indulge the public in all the mush so this is just one of the many.

4. Hearing an announcement of new release from my favorite artist or author
There's more to look forward to in life!

5. Spending a day without social media or doing activities that doesn't involve staring at a screen
 There's an incredible fulfillment when you experience moments that you don't feel the need to update a status for, when the amount of 'likes' is not a validation that you had a grand time. It's better to take it offline once in a while and cherish moments that are wholly yours.

6. Christmas time
I love the holiday cheer, the tinsel adorning the town, the gathering of loved ones. Is it just me or during the holiday season people just become innately better and generous?

7. Making lists and adding a 'to do/to read'

8. Taking off my contact lens or glasses 
After spending a day having to clearly see everything, my poor vision is actually a relief because I can be selective of things I want to view.

9. Receiving mail
Be it a purchase I ordered myself online, there is an immense satisfaction of finally layingyour hands on something you anticipated to arrive. I like ordering things online it's like a gift to me from me!

10. Hair pushed back and tied up
I feel the most in control when my hair is tied in one place, with my pony tail swishing to and fro feeling like a boss.

11. People watching
Whenever I drive or walk past people, observing and eavesdropping on conversations and life's conundrums I am suddenly taken by the realization that every passerby is living a complex life as my own.

12. Writing an article that starts from a simple idea into a phrase and then slowly materializing into a cohesive story

13. Becoming preoccupied at work that you don't mind the time
I thrive in a busy environment and I want to keep my hands full and productive, that I don't seem to mind the hours that have passed.

14. Riding a bike, the wind blowing past your face

15. Going on a date
Or just doing small activities like going home together. I like building up the anticipation of finally seeing my significant other, counting down the hours until we're walking to meet each other.

I enjoyed making this list and I could go on for more! What about you, what are your favorite feelings?

No comments:

Post a Comment

_____________________________

CURRENTLY READING

Where'd You Go, Bernadette

goodreads.com
christineisen